I received the pcbs for Mazetrix and started the build. After 4 1/2 hours of troubleshooting I realized that I connected the SCK line to the wrong pin and finally managed to get AVR Studio to recognize the processor. Then I wrote enough code to verify the LEDs would all light up. However I then started having problems with the firmware. Finally, during my 15 minute lunch today, I found the problem was the fuse settings in the ATMEGA128 (either 103 comaptibility mode or JTAG enabled).
I just added the 3-axis accelerometer, but haven’t soldered on the supporting components. Also I still need to add the Li-Po charge IC. I am currently using the STK500 both to power and program the board.
So without further ado, here are some pics…